I am 48 years old having Diabetes (upto 210 after 2.5 hrs of meal. While sleeping my throat becomes dry. Please advise.

hi Anil, diabetes is a metabolic disorder in which insulin becomes low and thus sugar becomes hi leading to multisystem effects. it is important that you maintain your sugar between 70 to 100 milligrams/dl in fasting state. if you are experiencing dry mouth it could be because of autonomic disturbance which ultimately affects the salivary glands of the mouth and is a very common feature in diabetes. a proper history and evaluation can help you To diagnose your condition. feel free to consult me if you would like my assistance
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for your query. PP 210 mg after 2.5 hours is high. It is better if you had given following readings: FBG, PP (after 2 hours) & HbA1c%, that would have given a clear idea of your blood glucose control. Usually if blood glucose is high, then more glucose is passed in the urine, which in turn leads to excess thirst and dryness of throat. So it is essential to control blood glucose effectively. FBG should be <100 mg, PP 150 to 160 mg & HbA1c%<6.8. Hence if you have any doubts please come in a private conversation with all the above details plus, deitary pattern and extent of daily exercise being done, then I will be able to guide specifically. Thanks.