I'm 20 years old and I started jogging from 22 days before. I heard cracking sound when I try to sit down and its repeating. Same thing is happening when I do squats and now I'm getting a little pain feeling. I jog on tar road daily. Could you please tell me is there any problem?
And please give me some suggestions.
- The sound may be there from the joint when sitting or doing squats which can be normal
- if pain is there apply pain relief gel lightly on the affected area three times a day
- avoid jogging on a hard surface like the tar road as it causes damage to the joint, run on a normal ground with a pair of well fitting & cushioned shoes
- take a pain relief tablet if pain is more
- avoid squatting for a few days then start again
- if pain is persistent then do an x- ray knee & consult a doctor.
1) Donot over do.
2) Use good quality spongy and light weight shoes.
3) Use running track instead of Tar Road.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Pain treatment