Doctor in Agnivesh Ayurveda Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Agnivesh Ayurveda HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I took my 6 yrs old to have her examined for stomach ache. He treated her when she was in a lot of pain. She got cured within few days. He is not only convenient, but also extremely knowledgeable, kind and very helpful with such a great experience. " Thank You"..!!
Doctor is very supportive, he listen to our concerns related to health and recommended best ayurvedic medicines. After experiencing the benefits from medicines I took consultation for my mother as well.
I was struggling with psoriasis for past 25 years..i met dr. Dagar two years back and has witnessed substantial relief.all thanks to sir
Good prediction, well mannered, economical
Haemorrhoids or piles is a condition where the blood vessels in the rectum or the anus, become swollen. Research has indicated that almost 50 percent of people will experience such haemorrhoids prior to the age of 50. Haemorrhoids are of two kinds, namely, exterior and interior.
The disease can be difficult and painful to live with, which is why rapid diagnosis and treatment are required to cure the condition.
Common symptoms of haemorrhoids include-
- Rectal bleeding
- Itching/irritation in the anal region
- Swelling/lump around the anus
Causes of Piles
The scientific community has yet to reach a consensus as to the exact cause of the condition. However, there are some factors that may increase the risk of the disorder. These include-
- Excessive strain at the time of bowel movement
- Chronic constipation, which results in excessive strain during excretion
- Sitting on the toilet seat for a prolonged period of time
- Prior family history of the condition
As someone suffering from piles, you should also engage in light exercises, so that you can keep yourself in shape. Obesity can increase the complication from piles, which is why maintaining an ideal body weight is essential. However, make sure that you do not lift weights, as it might aggravate the disorder.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Piles
Role and Benefits of Kshar sutra Treatment-
Kshar sutra ligation is an Ayurvedic therapy that uses a unique technique to treat anorectal diseases. Patients suffering from piles, anal fistula, and pilonidal sinus are commonly recommended this therapy. The treatment involves -
- A minor surgery is performed to ligate (tie up) the base of the pile mass with caustic threads (Kshara sutra).
- The kshara applied on the thread has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties that soothe or reduce irritation.
- The medicated caustic thread curettes out the anal passage and discards the epithelial lining, therefore allowing the tract to heal.
Unlike conventional treatment that requires one to undergo surgery, and is associated with many side effects, Kshar sutra permanently cures haemorrhoids. Moreover, this procedure has several benefits such as the following-
- It is a minimally invasive procedure, and has no serious complications
- It is an out-patient treatment, meaning the patient can walk home immediately after the treatment is performed
- It prevents the recurrence of the disease, which other conventional treatments cannot guarantee
Living with piles can be distressing and embarrassing. Hence, the best option to look for is a permanent cure using Ayurveda.
Other Ayurvdeic Tips-
Several foods and Ayurvedic medications can provide relief for patients suffering from piles. A fibre-rich diet, for instance, will help prevent constipation. Here are some dietary changes that will help you deal with piles in an easier fashion.
- Consumption of whole grains is recommended, in order to relieve constipation.
- Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and broccoli, will also help with the symptoms of piles.
- Eat fruits such as bananas, apples, figs and papayas to ensure a strong and clear motion.
- Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol as much as possible. Additionally, caffeinated drinks, such as coffee and sodas, should be avoided as well.
- Mix Triphala powder with warm water and drink the decoction every night before going to bed. For better results, add a few drops of castor oil into the mixture.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk every day.
- A drink made out of haritaki and jaggery will also help dealing with the symptoms of piles.
- Incorporate garlic, soaked chia seeds and flax seeds into your diet for better motion
Aside from the diet, there are some other ways of reducing the pain associated with the condition. A sitz bath is one such option. In order to take a sitz bath, fill up the bathtub with warm water. Ensure that the level of water is enough to keep your waist and hip submerged. Add an antiseptic such as turmeric or neem into the water to ensure that no infection results from the same. Now, sit in the water for a few minutes.
Pilonidal sinus disease results in the small tunnel formation in the skin. It occurs at the cleft on top of the buttocks. Such a sinus gets filled with dirt, hair and debris. It has a tendency of becoming infected and may ooze out pus as a result. Once this happens, the sinus may emit a rotten odour if not treated. People who spend a majority of their time seated are at a greater risk of suffering from pilonidal sinus.
Signs and Symptoms of Pilonidal Sinus
You need to be aware of certain signs and symptoms of such a disorder so that you can begin treatment as soon as the problem occurs. Here are some of them-
- Extreme pain while sitting or standing
- The reddened sore skin around the area
- Swelling of the sinus growth
- Pus and blood draining from the cyst, which causes a foul smell
- Hair growth from the sinus
- The appearance of more than just one hole or sinus on the skin.
- In rare cases, a mild fever may also accompany the appearance of the cyst.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus
Conventional forms of treatment for Pilonidal sinus are reliable, but they may cause a few side effects. This is why patients suffering from the condition often consider Ayurveda. The main objective of such treatment is to bring balance between the three doshas, namely, Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
Pilonidal sinus is also referred to as Nadi Vrana in Ayurveda. The best way to treat the condition is through Kshara Sutra Therapy. In this form of the treatment, the threads used are first smeared with beneficial herbs.
This thread is then placed inside the sinus. After 7 days the thread is changed with a new one. This procedure may take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks. This treatment is not only used to treat the sinus but also helps with the formation of new tissues.
Apart from the medication, patients suffering from such a sinus will need to maintain a proper diet and lifestyle. For instance, ditching oily and greasy foods and incorporating fruits and green vegetables into the daily diet can be immensely helpful against Pilonidal sinus. Apart from the diet, patients should also lead an active life to minimize risk of the disorder. Walking a couple of kilometres every day will also help you fight complications from the same. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An anorectal condition can be difficult to live with and often remains undiagnosed, due to it being perceived as an embarrassing ailment. Fistulas are conditions where two body parts, that are not meant to be connected, become linked as part of the disorder. Rectal fistulas can be painful and standard treatments are available, which can cure the condition. However, these treatments come with serious side effects.
Most people prefer Ayurvedic fistula treatments over the conventional medications for the lack of side effects as such. Ksar sutra is one such branch of treatment in Ayurveda, which has shown tremendous results against fistulas. Here is a look at all that you need to know about Kshar Sutra.
What does Kshar Sutra mean?
Kshar Sutra is a form of treatment, which uses threads laced with the juices of medicinal herbs to treat rectal fistulas. ‘Kshar’ refers to the herbs and ‘Sutra’ stands for the thread used for the treatment. It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure with almost no side effect or danger. The Kshar Sutra form of treatment was first discovered by Sushruta, Vagbhata and Charak. In recent times, BHU’s Shalya Tantra Department has once again proved its efficacy in case of rectal disorders.
How is the treatment done?
Once the thread has been coated with the medicinal herbs, the same thread needs to be inserted into the fistula in ano. The patient is anaesthetized and the thread is inserted into the fistula using a probe. The thread is then taken out from the other side and the two ends of the thread are tied together. This thread is changed after every 7 days. This thread insertion effectively cuts the tract and unhealthy tissue is removed from the region.
Why is Kshar Sutra beneficial?
Benefits for this form of treatment include-
- Lower risk of anal incontinence, which may occur in case of conventional medicine and surgery.
- Lower risk of the anal canal getting narrower after the treatment is completed.
- Minimally invasive treatment, which is why patients can resume normal life after just 3-4 days of recovery.
Apart from the treatment, patients should also follow a diet rich in fibre, fruits and vegetables. Drinking large quantities of water will also result in a better prognosis. Lastly, engaging in daily walks will also help you deal with the condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!