Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that is characterized by an underactive thyroid gland, which controls the metabolism process. As a result, your metabolism rate is affected. If you are experiencing symptoms such as dry skin, bowel-related problems such as constipation, muscle cramps, depression and sensitivity to cold, then it is advised to for a diagnosis to ascertain whether you are suffering from hypothyroidism. After you are diagnosed with the condition, discuss your condition with the doctor and consult them on whether you should try to manage it naturally at home. The following are some of the natural cure and management options for hypothyroidism:
- Fish Oil: It may interest you to learn that fish oil supplements have a favorable effect on hypothyroidism treatment because they are immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory in nature. Also, they maintain the health of the thyroid gland. Moreover, they contain the omega-3 fatty acids that help control inflammation and naturally boost immunity in the body. Normally, the recommended dosage of the supplements is pegged at 3 grams a day. Nevertheless, take the opinion of your doctor to be on the safer side. If you are having bleeding troubles or taking blood thinners, refrain from using this remedy.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): Did you know that apple cider vinegar is considered to be a cure for hypothyroidism because of its detoxifying properties? Moreover, the ingredient brings about a healthy balance between the acid-alkaline levels, aids weight loss, improves metabolism, and regulates hormone production. As part of treatment with ACV, you should prepare a drink by mixing 2 tablespoons of organic ACV in 1 glass of warm water. Follow by adding honey to sweeten the preparation and then you can consume the solution. You can practice the remedy once per day, as a part of your hypothyroidism treatment.
- Ginger: There are several reasons for ginger to be considered as an effective cure for hypothyroidism. Ginger improves thyroid function and also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, nutrients such as potassium, zinc, and magnesium are contained in ginger. You can exploit the goodness of ginger for treating hypothyroidism by sipping ginger tea, two to three times in a day.
- Nettle: The Nettle herb serves as a home remedy for hypothyroidism because it contains iodine. You should note that the hypothyroidism arises in patients who are deficient in iodine and consuming iodine-rich foods can prove to be beneficial for bridging the nutritional deficiency gap; thereby, resulting in their recovery from the disorder.
- Flax Seeds: On the basis of the fact that flax seeds are a good source of the omega-3 fats, their intake is advisable for the hypothyroidism patients. The nutrients contained in flax seeds support the functioning of the thyroid gland. The flax seeds remedy entails pounding 1 tablespoon of flax seeds. Thereafter, you should mix the powdered form of the seeds in water and consume the preparation in the morning, on an empty stomach. Alternatively, you can consume 1 tablespoon of flax seeds oil, on a daily basis, for exploiting the health-related advantages and treating hypothyroidism as well.
In addition to the above-listed remedies, you should include sea-based vegetables, whole grains, and the fortified varieties of cereals in your daily diet. Furthermore, be sure to avoid the vegetables that belong to the cruciferous family as they are filled with goitrogens, which are anti-nutrients and adversely affect the thyroid gland. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!