Renal stones or kidney stones is when there is a formation of small stones within the kidney. This is one of the most common kidney problems and often runs in families and is recurrent. The pain that occurs with kidney stones is unique, and someone who has had kidney stones would know the next time it happens.
Kidney stones are caused by:
- Reduced water intake
- Diet rich in oxalates, phosphates, and calcium
- Increased protein in the diet
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Kidney pain is unique, occurs in the right lower back area.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fevers and chills
- Pain when urinating
- Increased urge to urinate
- Pink colored urine in case of internal bleeding
Ayurveda believes that toxins formed in the body along with the imbalance in the doshas causes kidney stones. Ayurvedic treatment believes in managing it through the elimination of toxins and cleansing the body.
Read on to know some of the proposed methods of Ayurveda for managing kidney stones.
- Drink about 2 to 3 liters of water every day
- Drink juice, soups, lime water to increase increase your water intake
- Drink a mix of barley water, horse gram and ginger
- Avoid tea, coffee and aerated drinks
- Avoid sour, heavy and dry foods
- Soak radish seeds in water, boil, strain, and drink half a cup for a few days
- Basil leaves can be boiled in a cup of water, cooled and add honey, drink this concotion twice a day
- Boil onions and add a little sugar and drink twice a day
- Lemon juice with black salt is effective in treating kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar with warm water and honey will also be beneficial
- Exercise if you are overweight and bring your weight under control as it can eaily cause stone formation in kidney
Kidney stones are quite common, but effective treatment is available if someone is suffering from it, however, it is better to prevent it from happening than curing it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!