Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit and has multiple health benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Figs or Anjeer give health benefits in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add them to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them to your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and milk sweet with figs with this healthy ingredient.
9 Health Benefits of Super Fruit Figs or Anjeer
Figs or Anjeer offers different health benefits, try to include these this super fruit in your diet to get all these benefits:
- Figs Control blood pressure and aging: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. Anjeet can also help in controlling aging effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. Figs keep your hormones in check and boost your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Figs Help in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. Figs are rich in fiber, and therefore dietitians suggest that eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart-Healthy food: Figs reduce the number of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles that accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Figs Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling the release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Figs Control blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in the control of blood sugar levels.
- Figs Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Anjeer Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements.
- Anjeer keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this superfood in your diet.
- Figs prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.