If your glucose level is more than the usual level, chances are that you have diabetes. The warning signals of diabetes are mild that in the preliminary stage it is challenging to detect. Diabetes can be of two types. Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes. The symptoms of which stand crucial for an individual’s knowledge to take preventive measures.
Type 1 diabetes
When your immune system damages pancreatic cells called beta cells, Type 1 diabetes occurs. They’re functional in making insulin. Symptoms of Type 1 diabetes typically begin promptly, within a few days to weeks. High blood sugar causes them. In the first few days, the symptoms might misguide you to believe that it is an ailment like the flu.
Common symptoms of Type 1 diabetes
- Increased hunger: As the body fails to use the calories, one feels hungry all the time.
- Blurry vision: This type makes the eyes water as there is sugar build up in the lens of your eye giving rise to blurry vision.
- Feeling very tired: A sluggish feeling prevails as the body doesn't use the energy or glucose.
- Rapid heart rate: Heart rate may be more than normal
- Reduced blood pressure: Another typical sign where the blood pressure usually falls below 90/60 rate
- Low body temperature: Is another key trait where the body temperature goes below the stated 97º F.
- Bladder discomfort: An individual faces bladder discomfort and tends to urinate several times a day. As there is a lot of urination, the glucose is flushed out which leads to weight loss as well dehydration.
- Abdominal pain: Pain usually occurs at the center of the stomach. In some cases, an individual may feel like vomiting.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes affects millions of people all over India. If you have Type 2 diabetes, your body is not able to use the insulin hormone properly. Check out for the below-listed symptoms.
Common symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Velvety dark patches: Type 2 diabetes can be detected by observing the velvety dark patches in the armpit abdomen sides or groin or groin area called Acanthosis Nigricans.
- Increased thirst: Especially post heavy meals, dry mouth with a fatigue feeling is experienced
- Increased hunger: You may feel frequently hungry
- Frequent urination: Known as Polyuria, increased urination is common a symptom of Type 2 Diabetes
- Skin problems: Itching of the skin usually around the groin area or vaginal area
- Blurred vision: Things may appear to be little blurry
- Diabetes numbness: A general symptom where there is numbness in hand and feet
- Pricking pain: A burning sensation, or pricking pain in the hands and feet that starts out mild at first, but over time as the nerve damage increases, it grows severe
- Impotence: Erectile dysfunction can be another symptom of type 2 diabetes
To be aware of the symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes is important as you can seek medical help at the early onset of the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.