Curd rice or dahi chawal may have originated as a south Indian dish but in the summer every north Indian swears by it as well. It is also the go-to meal for anyone suffering from an upset stomach. One of the biggest advantages this dish has over others is that it is extremely easy to make. Here we discuss some health benefits of curd rice on our health and about the timing of consuming this curd rice recipe.
5 Health Benefits of Curd Rice
Before we get to the recipe however, let's have a look at common health benefits of curd rice:
- Curd Rice aids digestion: Curd rice is the best home remedy for an upset stomach because it is easy to digest and works against bloating and indigestion. The curd in curd rice is also rich in probiotics that promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria thus relieving constipation and abdominal pain triggered by it.
- Curd Rice cools the body: Curd rice should ideally always be eaten cold. Curd is a natural fire extinguisher that cools the body and helps maintain internal body temperature. Thus if you're feeling feverish or if it's simply a very hot day, try some curd rice.
- Curd Rice can act as a stress buster: Curd contains probiotics, antioxidants, and good fats. This helps the brain deal with pain and emotions like stress. This makes curd rice not only a tasty dish but also a stress-busting one.
- Curd Rice aids weight loss: A bowl of curd rice can fill your stomach and keep you from snacking. It also has negligible calories when compared to the same amount of fried rice or pulao. This makes curd rice a good meal to indulge in when you're attempting to lose weight.
- Curd Rice boosts immunity: Being easy to digest is only one of the reasons curd rice is the best food to eat when ill. Curd is rich in antioxidants that give the body power to fight infections. It also gives the body much needed energy when ill.
Recipe of Healthy Curd Rice
Now that you have enough reasons to eat some curd rice, here's an easy recipe, You'll need the food ingredients:
Mix the curd and rice in a bowl. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the cumin seeds, black gram and curry leaves. Add this to the curd-rice mixture and season with salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Bon appetit!
Curd Rice recipes not only crave your hunger but also offer nutrition to our body, both curd and rice have offer lots of health benefits to our body. You can consume this recipe morning or evening whenever you feel hungry.