I am 23 years old. I have 3-4 lumps in my breast. Can this indicate any serious problem? I am taking anti epilepsy medicines as I am suffering from epilepsy. Please help.

Dear lybrate-user I will answer both your concerns one by one. 1. Breast lump As per your history, you have breast lumps which most likely are not painful. Apart from presence of breast lumps, one needs to know that Is there any family history [ i.e history of breast cancer in mother, sister,maternal aunt, cousin ]?size of the breast lumps ,any increase in the size of the lumps, any swelling in the axilla. I would advice a detailed examination by an oncologist/ surgeon to assess the need for further evaluation as many a times on self examination, we mistake normal breast glandular tissue to be lump. However,at this point of time with the limited history I have, I must say that considering your age, there is very high likelihood that it may be a benign [ non cancerous] pathology with a high likelihood of fibroadenoma. SO DON'T WORRY. 2. Epilepsy: For epilepsy, you need to consult your neurologist whether you need a change in medicine or need continuation of the same [ as lot of new medicines with lesser side effects have come recently ]. Epilepsy or its treatment are unlikely to be related to your breast lumps [ if there are any]. Hope I have answered your question.