Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 14 years old I got a usg abdomen and the usg impression says that slightly enlarged right ovary with multiple follicles please prescribe some medicine that can cure it forever and the additional information is I have irregular periods and unbearable pain in back during periods my menstruation start when I was 12 years and now I am 14 yrs.

2 Doctors Answered
You are still in early years of menarche .which means onset of menses ,give it another year or two to regularise your periods, initial year or two cycles are anovulatory, where sometimes there is no ovulation, but seems the pain which indicates ovulatory cycles have begun in your case, advice you to wait for another year and get an ultrasound done again ,along with harmonal test to rule out any dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Stay physically active and take a balanced diet for now with lots of green vegetables and fruits.
3 people found this helpful
The report That you mentioned is more like to be like PCOD The main cause of PCOD is hormonal imbalance. It profoundly affects woman's hormonal cycle, but don't worry PCOD can affects a female fertility only by 30%. So in our practice we have seen a complete and permanent balancing of hormonal cycle which is visible in terms of regular menstrual cycle and afterwards analyzing the other factor. We can work on all this factor.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.