The CO2 Laser Treatment was first used for the treatment of gynecological disorders in 1973. It was used for treating gynecological disorders including cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and microsurgery of the fallopian tube. Gynecological disorders like stress urinary incontinence, vaginal atrophy, and pelvic floor dysfunction are becoming very common these days. Nowadays, doctors practice Laser
Treatment to cure such problems.
In Laser Treatment, the laser beam is applied only to the affected tissue and has minimal impact on the non-target tissue. It is different from traditional technology and involves minimal thermal damage through laser beam on the internal organs. It is a safe and effective way to cure gynecological problems without the need for open surgery. Laser treatment is also used in the field of cosmetic gynecology for treating various conditions. These techniques involve Vaginal Rejuvenation, Labiaplasty, and Vaginoplasty.
Benefits of Laser Treatment in Gynecology
In the delicate surgeries like laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, the surgeons need to make sure that the laser beam penetration is minimum and not causing damage to the tissues of the internal organ. However, in the case of the CO2 Laser Treatment, the laser beams are very gentle. They are balanced with optimal thermal control and are precise so that the non-target areas are safe.
Some of the benefits of Laser Treatment in Gynecology are:
● The laser method is minimally invasive.
● The impact is restricted to the target tissue only.
● The post-surgery healing time is less.
● Minimum damage to healthy tissues.
● Fewer chances of recurrence of the disease.
● Minimal scarring.
● Simple and requires a few steps only.
● If the abdominal surgeries are coupled with laser technology, it will help surgeons to treat the lesions and reduce the chances of recurrence.
Laser Approach Used for Disease
Laser treatment in gynecology is used to treat the disease like
● Stress Urinary Incontinence: IncontiLase Laser Treatment is used to treat this disease. It involves the tightening of irradiated tissues to gain normal continence.
● Pelvic Organ Prolapse: ProlapLase Laser Treatment is used to treat this disease. It involves tightening or narrowing of the diameter of the vaginal cavity and strengthening of the vaginal walls.
● Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause: RenovaLase Laser Treatment is used to treat this problem. It involves vascularization of the vaginal wall to improve fluid content and provides relief from dryness, irritation, and burning.
● Abdominal Problems: The laser technology, when coupled with the Laparoscopy procedure, is used for abdominal surgeries. The procedure helps in less thermal damage to the tissues and more control over the target area. The surgeon can monitor the penetration to reduce the damage.
● Endometriosis: Laser Treatment is very popular to treat the underlying disease like Endometriosis.
Laser Treatment is a minimally invasive procedure to treat gynecological problems. The technique causes less damage to the surrounding healthy tissues while treating the problem. It can be opted for treating many gynecological problems; however, it is advisable to consult a doctor before going for this treatment.
As a woman goes through life, her hormonal levels change quite dramatically and this can be quite impactful. However, sometimes the impact is not a good one! This can be said to be the cause when it comes to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. This sort of bleeding occurs when the levels the hormones are at cause the menstrual cycle of the woman to become erratic.
Understanding the Diagnosis
When it comes to the diagnosis of an issue such as this, the process must include the ruling out of other more serious problems such as fibroids, a miscarriage, or even cancer which has affected the cervix or the uterus of the woman.
A doctor, post-ruling out these situations, will inform the patient, if dysfunctional uterine bleeding is what is being experienced. When it comes to the matter of how dysfunctional uterine bleeding is to be dealt with, it can be said that the best thing which is to be done is to sit down with the doctor and have a comprehensive chat with respect to what the solutions which are available at hand are.
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding is something which can mar a woman’s daily life, but it really needs not to be the case!