I have pain under the feet specially under the heel and can't properly walk due to pain. It swells sometimes. I take painkillers and hot water therapy but it comes back again. please help. I have checked my uric acid. It is under 5.
Heel pain is most likely due to plantar fascitis.The treatment mostly is conservative and lifestyle modifications to achieve maximum functionality with minimum pain.
Follow these lifestyle changes religiously to get benefit.
1. Reduce body weight as obesity will aggravate the stress on heel.
2. Avoid exercises like running / walking on hard surfaces. Stop such activities when you start developing pain.
3. Roll your feet on bottle of cold water for 20 mins 4 times a day or can apply ice pack.
4. Use shoes with silicone sole inserts.
5. Do calf muscle and heel stretches daily.
6. Avoid prolonged standing or sitting.
7. Use night splint to keep foot flexed at night. Stop using it once pain is relieved.
8. Use analgesics like Ibuprofen for decreasing pain and inflammation.
With proper lifestyle changes as above
90 % patients have relief and functionality. Only 10% patients would require surgical intervention like plantar fascia release or gastrocnemius recession.
For further queries consult again.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Heel Pain treatment