My son is 16 days old. I took him to doctor for cold and fever. After hearing his heart beat wit stethoscope he told, Due to cold he could not tell accurately but there is some extra sound hearing in the heart. He told it may be due to overflow of blood, But still he asked to visit him after 1 month. I am so worried about my son. Is there any possibilities of serious issue. Pls suggest and explain?

My son is 16 days old. I took him to doctor for cold and ...
Don't get tensed even if it is a murmur as your doctor told this will not be an immediate emergency so please wait until the next visit to get clarified what it was. Don't panic and it might be even a rale or wheeze because of the cold and chest congestion.
Hi lybrate-user ji Many children of this age had small foramen in the heart and as the child will grow that will close automatically in most of the cases. If you see that child is not gaining weight adequately, heart rate and respiration is very fast, during excessive cry lips and tip of the nose become blue, breastfeeding is interrupted and sweating is in forehead during breast feeding. Then you have to do further investigation or otherwise you just wait and consult with your doctor after 1 month.
I think it is a VSD or ASD and these re not very serious and an echo can confirm your doubts. A ventricular septal defect is a common heart defect most often present at birth, but can occur in adults after surgery or a heart attack. It involves a hole in the wall between the heart's lower chambers. Symptoms may include a bluish tint to the skin, lips and fingernails, along with poor feeding, poor weight gain and fast breathing. Most holes close on their own, though many may need surgery or a catheter-based procedure to close the hole. Symptoms can be treated with blood pressure medicines or diuretics. ASDs that aren't diagnosed until adulthood can damage the heart and lungs, shortening life. Many babies born with ASDs don't have symptoms. By the age of 30, adults may notice symptoms such as shortness of breath, heart palpitations, fatigue, swelling in the legs, feet or abdomen and heart murmurs. Small ASDs may close on their own. Medium-to-large-sized ASDs may need closure by device or surgical correction.