Hi doctor one of your doctor says alcohol is good to lower down cholesterol and good for heart but my heart specialist doctor suggested me not to drink alcohol so what shall I do.

Alcohol is poisonous to body. It is not to be taken at all.
Dear Lybrateuser, - It is not advisable to have alcohol (even red wine) to lower cholesterol or for any heart benefit - it is to be avoided in high cholesterol - have a well balanced diet, do regular exercise, sleep well & minimize stress to keep your mind & body fit - also follow your treating physicians advise.
In nut shell no alcohol.
Your doYour doctor who told you it is not good is correct. Kindly avoid alcohol. You can at max have 40 ml twice or thrice a week and that too depending on your Cholesterol level.
50 ml alcohol taken twice a week is good for health ,especially when it is red wine!
u can drink alcohol, less 30ml. per day, will equals to 80 ml whisky , approx 200 ml wine. but it shouldn't be treated like medicine which will reduce ur cholesterol. if u have high cholesterol better avoid alcohol. once a while , its ok.