Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi, I am having cavities in one of my teeth. Its been 4 years since I have my capping done last tym, but any how it is not working or might be removed and today I had suffered from extreme pain please suggest me what should be done on this and what should have happen to my old capping ,is their any possibility that capping might have gone in my stomach after dissolving aur may effect my health.

6 Doctors Answered
If you have to get it removed than get immediate implant this way it would b permanent solution n you won't loose a tooth at such early age n about missing cap don't worry even if you have swallowed it it will pass out through feaces if you have a X-ray of the tooth involved you may send it on line than can tell you if you can save it.
1 person found this helpful
You were not sure about your old capping so better visit your dentist to know if your cap is still there or its broken you may have pain because of infection so you might go for re treatment of that tooth or removal and tooth and replacement. And if you feel you have swallowed the cap (you did not have choking hazard) so it might have pass through your gastrointestinal tract your physician might advice for x Ray and help you in getting it out.
1 person found this helpful
Generally caps done have any sharp margin. It would come out itself. Try to have of Salads. And you can take laxative. It would come out. If you are having pain, You might b be having infection in the tooth. You will have to consult a dentist. He would perform RCT, and new crown would be placed.
1 person found this helpful
Please visit a dentist for your queries regarding Wether you have cavities or not and incase you have swollowed a cap then do not worry it will not stay in body and will cm out with stool.
Hello, you can do warm salt water rinses, but this will give you temporary relief. Visit a dentist and get an X-ray done. If there is an infection get it re-treated then get a new cap placed over that tooth.
1 person found this helpful
Its not causing any problem if it is go into your stomach and pain is might be due to caries under the cap so you need proper treatment for that.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.