Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 49 years old, I am suffering with right knee pain with swelling from 2 years, what should I do?

1 Doctor Answered
I am 49 years old, I am suffering with right knee pain wi...
Hello welcome to lybrate. Your knee pain can be due to osteoarthritis, low vitamin d or raised uric acid levels. To start with get the following investigations: x ray both knees ap and lateral views and blood tests fasting: calcium, phosphorous, alkaline phosphatase, vitamin d levels, uric acid and revert back with reports. Learn quadriceps strengthening exercises from a physiotherapist and do then 20 mins 3 times a day. Avoid squatting on the floor or sitting on low chair or indian toilet. Hot fomentation with a rubber bottle will also help.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.