Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

Dear Madam / Sir, I am newly married. I got first time pregnant in February 2016 bcz of no protection. But in last month of April I suffered from chicken pox. I went to ladies Doctor she told me you have to abort due to infection in foetus so I did. My husband is living other state for a job. He came in September 2016 and bring ovral L Contraceptive pill. I started taking medicine immediately that day without anyone's (Doctor) consultation. But this month period didn't happen. Now my query is Why contraceptive pill didn't worked. I took full course of ovral L during my pregnancy, Is it will affect to foetus please reply. Thank you.

Dear Lybrate user, Not getting periods does not mean you are pregnant. Please get a pregnancy test done to confirm that you are pregnant. Some times your periods could be delayed due to various reasons.
Any medication shud b taken under a consultant advice. As there are many contraindications in some patients of a particular medication. For a contraceptive to work in first cycle it should b started on day 1 of menstrual cycle. It shud b taken regularly wid out any gap otherwise may cause breakthrough bleeding or ovulation which may lead to pregnancy. The contraceptive pill is not a indication of abortion you may continue pregnancy. The risks of abnormality are same as a normal woman.