Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello sir/madam Me and my wife are trying to conceive for the last 4-5 months without any success so far. On the prescription of my wife's gynecologist We did a full body checkup of my wife and my sperm test, while all her blood, thyroid, and other checkups came normal, my sperm test was below average. She was a gynecologist so she only gave me basic advice and asked me to see a urologist but I'm afraid of the ongoing fraudulent behaviour of some of the doctors these days who want to admit you and give you expensive treatments whether you need them or not. My sperm test results were as follows Sperm qty: 1.5 Ml Appearance : milky white Transparency : translucent Viscosity : increased Liquefaction time : 30 min Abstinence : 6 days Sperm count : 80 million/ml Viability : 75% or more Motility at 37* C A. Rapid Linear progressive : 20% Grade IV & III B. Sluggish Linear Progressive : 10% Grade II C. Non Progressive : 40% Grade I D. Non Motile : Dead 30% Abnormal sperm 6% Pin heads 1% Bent neck 02% Double heads 03% Rest all abnormalities were 0% Cellular elements: Epithelial cells 1-2 PHF All other cells were nil Other finding Granular debris : Nil Agglutination of sperm : Nil Crystals : Nil I do not drink or smoke I used to take hukka once in a while which also I have stopped 5-6 months ago. I have asthma and I'm insomniac I usually get 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I was taking finpecia (finasteride 1%) to treat my male pattern hair loss for last 8 years but I have quit it 6 months ago as I read on web that it can reduce male fertility. Am I biologically fit to be a father ? If not then what are the treatment options to increase my semen quality. And otherwise is IVF or other medical pregnancy options are applicable for me. Can they guarantee a pregnancy. What is approx cost of these treatments. help me please

2 Doctors Answered
Your sperm count is sufficient for normal conception. Was the test taken after 3 days abstinence? also, your wife has to undergo hsg or sonosalpingography for tube patency. If it is normal, and if her cycles are fairly regular, try for pregnancy during her most fertile period (usually 10th to 20th day) for the next 3-6 months. Both have to regularise your biological functions. Sleep in time, meals in time and so on.
2 people found this helpful
Yes you can be father and be soon get a child don't worry it is a question of time as your most semen analysis is ok except for motility and dead sperms. So you start with some herbal medicine like. Cap siotone twice, cap. Fertihope once a day for both husband and life for three months available as fertilihope m for men and ferihope f for women try these then after three months get semen snaky sis again. You can add cap brahmi 2 bed time for your insomnia which will wud help as well.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.