I smoked excessive weed and ciggrate and drank a lot alcohol for 2 year and now I quit weed suddenly n dropped quantity of alcohol n ciggrate to minimum and now I am feeling stressed uneven heart beat and can not sleep properly and feel slight pain in chest sometimes and I can hear my heart beat in my head whole day and my whole body thuds with each heart beat and I am constantly developing anxiety and resting pulse is 95-100 is it normal or I need medical attention? If yes then in what direction I need medical attention? Please guide me doctor.

Hi lybrate-user, these are withdrawal symptoms of alcohol and ciggerate smoking. Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal can vary widely in severity. In severe cases, the condition can be life-threatening. Symptoms may occur from two hours to four days after stopping alcohol. They may include headaches, nausea, tremors, anxiety, hallucinations and seizures. In many cases, alcohol withdrawal requires medical treatment and hospital admissions. Medications may be used to treat physical symptoms while counselling and support groups help with controlling drinking behavior. So I suggest you consult a psychiatrist for medication and consult a psychologist for psychotherapy- relapse prevention. All the best.