I do running everyday, but I have been having pain in right leg near calf area, I do stretching but it pains at the starting of running and sometimes walking on stairs and other activities, can you pls suggest me natural ways to heel it.
Calf pain after running is due to muscle cramps. Follow these to get relief and avoid the problem.
1. Consume plenty of liquids after and during runs. At least 1 litre of water for 1 hour of running.
2.Take healthy snack after running like fruits or oats or chicken or dal.
3 Take shower with cold water to relieve body soreness after runs. Apply ice pack on calf muscles after running.
4. Always do stretching of back and leg muscles before starting your run.
5. Take a break of at least one day a week .
6. Be gradual in your runs. Gradual increase in speed and distance of run is recommended.
7. Do not run with improper shoes. Wear good shoes with sole support.
8. Avoid running when pain is present.
If problem persists consult again.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Leg Pain treatment