MD-Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
9 years experience
Ask Free Question
Here are 6 Dietary and Lifestyle Tips To Lower Bad Cholestrol Levels.
1. Limit your intake of foods full of saturated fats, trans fats, and dietary cholesterol.
Best Choice: Omega-3-rich fish, such as salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, and trout. Choose at least 2 times weekly. If you’re using canned fish, such as canned sardines, select very-low-sodium or no-salt-added varieties.
Good Choice: Most other fish, plus shelled mollusks (clams, oysters, mussels, scallops).
Satisfactory Choices: Crustaceans (shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish), Poultry (white meat, skinless) Game Meat (bison, venison, elk, ostrich), optimally free-range and grass-fed
Poor Choice: Red meat (beef, pork, lamb, veal, goat). For all red meat choices, select cuts that are under 30% fat.
2. Eat a lot more fiber-rich foods (especially soluble fiber from foods like beans, oats, barley, fruits, and vegetables).
3. Choose protein-rich plant foods (such as legumes or beans, nuts, and seeds) over meat.
4. Lose as much excess weight as possible.
5. Take ayurvedic supplements (Arogyawardhini vati, Liporid etc).
6. Avoid sleeping in day time.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.