Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 23years old. Before 2 months I met with an accident. Now I ve pain on my right knee. When I consulted a doctor he said knee ligaments has damaged. What treatment should I take please help me.

2 Doctors Answered
Dear lybrate-user, Get X-ray or MRI done to rule out any structural joint abnormalities. Meanwhile, gentle massage over knees with lukewarm herbal pain relieving oils daily for about 15-20 minutes and hot fomentation afterwards will greatly help in subsiding the pain. Ayurveda’s Panchakarma offers specialized treatment of JANU BASTI for knee pains - these procedures would give strength to your knee and reduce the pain and stiffness. Regular oiling the joint will improve the lubrication also. Use knee caps over the joints and avoid over exertion of the joint. Avoid sitting crossed legs.
Hello sir if your ligaments are damaged you need to build up strength in the knee. This is so that you can avoid iinstability to the knee. Exercise - press your knee while lying down on a towel. Hold for 10 secs. Then release the knee. Exercise - press your heel on a towel. Hold for 10 secs. This will improve your hamstring strength. Exercise - raise your leg in lying position for 10 secs. Hold and then bring it down. Exercise - squeeze a towel between your knees for 10 secs. All these exercises will help you to build up stability of the knee.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.