Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am years old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but got any relief. What should I do now?

1 Doctor Answered
I am years old male and have backache for last 2 months. ...
Hello lybrate user, back pain alone in young age without any associated symptoms like fever, loss of weight or appetite might indicate towards a slip disc or a minor injury to the soft tissues supporting the spine. So, if you do not have any other associated symptoms and have tried adequate amount of rest, then it might be time for you to start with physiotherapy exercises for maintaining the range of movements and also strengthening the back muscles. Consult a physiotherapist for the same. However, if you do have other associated symptoms, then you might need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a detailed clinical assessment. Hope this helps.
2 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.