Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My wife is 30 years old and she has AVN in her right hip. 3years back we meet Dr. he had informed us that its deteriorated to Arthritis and we should do the hip replacement surgery when the pain will get unbearable. My wife is against the surgery. Off late the pain has increased and she has started to limp more. Are there any medicine which she can take to over come this pain? Is there any way around without the surgery?

1 Doctor Answered
If her hip is bad its best to get surgery for long term. More you delay it more difficult surgery can get. Also with whatever medicines you take you will never get relief as much as surgery. She will be in continuous pain and it will affect her life. Better to get one time job and finish it.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.