Hi i am a 36 year old male, since 3 months I have purchased a motorbike and riding it. Noticed a pain in tendon/nerve on left hand where left hand thumb joins to hand 2) have throat infection from 4 days, doing salt water gargling but flum is not coming out, also have developed bitterness in center of tongue towards back of tongue is it onset of diabetes or something?

The pain in your left hand can be due to continuous motorcycle riding for 3 months as you have used your hands excessively. Give some rest to your motorbike 4 a few days nd then see. If complaints persists then consult me. Secondly bitterness in tongue is not a guiding symptom of onset of diabetes. Get yourself tested for fasting blood sugar and then consult me
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am dr akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. I will try to help you from an orthopaedic point of view, it seems that you have pain at thumb base since 3 months but you have mentioned no swelling there. I will advise you: 1) to wear a thumb spica splint for 3 weeks 2) ice packs for local application 3) a short course of anti-inflammatory medication 4) physical therapy if it does not improve, then kindly let me know and we might have to get some investigations done for you. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.