Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 32 years old and feeling knee pain. I don' t think it is due over use because I do not play any hard sports which include running and all. I am not over weight as per my bmi and is within the range. I feel the pain when I use staircase but normal walk I do not have pain and after some one or two hour walk I feel some burning sensation for sometime which slowly reduces. I suspect it could be calcium and vitmain d deficiency please let me know what I can do.

1 Doctor Answered
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. It is a common symptom amongst young age people and understanding is slightly complex. We commonly label it as chondromalacia - which means softening of the cartilage of knee cap undersurface. I would advise you to - do intensive ice packs for 3-4 times in a day - anti inflammatory medications which suits you - physical therapy - this is the mainstay of treatment. You need someone who understand the condition and can do strengthening of quadriceps and stretching of other muscle groups. - continue with calcium and vitamin d supplementation. Get some blood tests and send reports across to me: esr, crp, serum potassium, serum vitamin d and serum uric acid levels. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.