Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi doctor I have a wisdom teeth which formed a year back. And it pains a lot whenever I eat in that affected area so let me get a good solution for this ?

12 Doctors Answered
Hi , wisdom teeth usually erupts between 17 years to 24 years. However, if there is no place for it to erupt, it can create problems like pain, swelling, food lodgement etc. Depending on it' s position and it' s orientation treatment can be planned. Sometimes, if the tooth position is favorable, it just requires just cleaning of teeth and may be cutting (removing gums) around the wisdom tooth. But in conditions where the tooth position is unfavorable then it will have to be removed. Visit a dentist and get an xray done so that proper diagnosis can be made. Regards dr. Avinash. B. S
There could broadly be 2 problems. Either the gums around your unerupted or partially unerupted wisdom tooth is inflamed or infected (called pericoronitis) or there is an interference being caused by a poorly aligned wisdom tooth in your jaw movement causing pain on opening or closing mouth or cheek bites etc. The treatment might involve either localized treatment of the infection or removal of the wisdom tooth.
If there is pain off and on, extract wisdom teeth.
Get rid of it.
Hi ,thanks for the query as per your words I suggest you to get rid of your wisdom tooth if it' s not in occlusion(means not helping in chewing) for the same visit a oral surgeon dentist he can do a better job for you. Regards dr. Aman bhatia chandigarh
Dear , for temporary relief take some medications as advised below 1. Tab dilona sp one tablet twice a day for five days after meal 2. Betakind mouth gargle gargle diluted solution twice a day also garlgle twice or thrice a day with warm water mixed with salt if problem persists consult dental surgeon and get the teeth extracted
Consult a dentist & get xray done! he will suggest you the best treatment!
The best approach is go to your dental surgeon who will examine and asses your problem and treatment will be given accordingly. You may need curettage and dressing with grinding of sharp cusp in upper as well as lower last molars.
One iopa radiograph is necessary to find out is it impacted or locked, if it is then extraction is the solution.
Get it removed
Ok got it, question 1) are u sure it is wisdome teeth which gives problem 2) does it only give problem in eating have a xray, may be removing it is a permanent solution
2 people found this helpful
If u are asking a gud solution then extract/remove that tooth
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.