Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 39 years male. I have observed a growth of 1cm under my tongue on saliva-gland. What is this and whom should I consult with?

22 Doctors Answered
W/o examination I can not tell u what is that? Consult to the dentist asap.
You must go for check up with dentist. After check up you will get final diagnosed and treatment plan.
Immediately consult dentist. He will guide u.
Visit an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in your city
It may be ranula or mucocele u should consult oral surgeon
Consult dentist or ent specialist
Hi visit your dentist as without seeing we can' t tell what it is
Please consult an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon. I can help you out in a better way if you can send me a pic of the growth.
It may be ranula. Go get your check up done by nearby dentist.
You should see an Oral Surgeon or an Oral Medicine specialist for this. Although a dentist can also be seen, it is always better to see a Specialist. If it appears suspicious, the Oral Surgeon might suggest to go for a biopsy.
Without seeing I can not give you proper diagnosis. You can go to the oral surgeon. They will check and tell you the treatment plan.
Hello Thanks for the Query Reason for the growth can be multifactorial I advise you to consult a Oral pathologist Dentist or Oral medicine dentist. They can guide you better in this Thank you Dr. Aman Bhatia
It might be a ranula visit a dentist to get rid of it.
Is it painful? If yes then It might be sialolithiasis that is stone in your salivary gland duct causing accumulation of saliva and swelling with pain. If there is no pain then it might be salivary retention cyst which is due to blocked opening of salivary duct. Consult an oral surgeon
It may b cyst. Consult dentist.
Kindly consult your nearby dentist for further detailing and treatment
Contact oral maxillofacial surgeon he would do the necessary job.
I need to examine first. It can be a ranula. Please consult.
Please consult your dentist first who will check n then refer accordingly.
Dear , growth under your tongue has to be diagnosed by oral medicine specialist and if required also an oral surgeon kindly get diagnosed for the growth asap Thanks n healing regards
Without checking the growth intraorally no one can tell what is it, I suggest u to consult a oral medicine doctor or an oral surgeon.
I am amazed to see that u can tell that swelling is in salivary gland it took me year to differentiate that, Dear it would be better if u explain what type the growth looks like. For example its colour. Shape. Does it disappear its own and occur again. Does any fluid ooze out of it. Is it painful U can definitely consult an oral surgeon. It could be ranula/mucosal/inflammatory growth.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.