I am a diabetic for the last 18 years. And i have used insulin 4 units in 2013 to control along with tablets , at present i am using tablets and my reading ranges are 108 to 130 fasting and 180 to 230 after food. I am 65 yrs old. It fluctuvate very frequently. I am gaing weight now.Please advise.

Avoid gaining weight by increasing exercise and avoiding high calorie food. Your fasting sugar is not very high but sugar after food is definitely high. Your treatment needs readjustment.
Dear, Diabetes is often called the silent killer. Diabetes, is a metabolic disease in which sugar does not get metabolized properly in the body. This means that the blood sugar levels continue to be high, threatening the normal functioning of the body. According to Ayurveda There are 20 forms of Diabetes : 4 are due to Vata, 6 result from Pitta, and 10 are caused by Kapha. But Diabetes (MADHUMEHA) is.Mainly kapha dosha disease. Poorly managed diabetes can lead to a host of long-term complications like :- Heart attacks, Strokes, Blindness, Nerve damage, Amputation of Limb. Impotency in men.Visit us at www.Malhotraayurveda.Com