Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Tranexamic acid -500 useful for 47 yers old lady, she is in heavy periods problem.

2 Doctors Answered
Tranexamic acid is a haemostatic agent ,she can take it ,it will reduce bleeding. But at 47 years if she's having heavy bleeding she should get an ultrasound lower abdomen done, and if required endometrial biopsy done.
No, Do not use it over the counter, people had a stroke when used such tablets without diagnosing the reason for heavy bleeding get an usg scan as soon as possible.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.