Sexual health issues?
Get answer from top doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 42 year old I have erectile dysfunction from last 2 years some times when I intercourse with my wife I lose my erection which ashamed me please help me what will I do.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello- as the body ages, it experiences a multitude of changes, some good, others, not so much. From the sudden weight gain to the lack of sexual desires, men and women outside their middle ages suffer from new dilemmas. A healthy body requires proper dieting and exercising, and a healthy sex life too requires a proper stream of hormones to keep an erection hard. But as men their bodies produce less and less hormones, resulting in less and less sex. You can also treat impotence by altering your lifestyle in a number of ways: eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Consumption of fatty foods leads to the production of plaque that clogs arteries and blocks the flow of blood to the heart. This plaque can also block the arteries leading to the genitals, interfering with the ability to achieve an erection. Include pumpkin seeds, bee pollen or royal jelly in your diet. Avoid alcohol, especially before sexual encounters. Be sure to maintain a regular exercise regiment.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.