Hi, I have been diagnosed with pilonidal cyst and sinus. The surgery is scheduled for may 9th, i.e. Next month. Currently, it pains and bleeds some days while it stays pain free other days. How can I keep it not infected without eating antibiotics? I have been trying eating garlic, but too much garlic upsets my stomach. So, looking for alternatives. Please advice.

Make sure you keep the area between the bottocks clean during your bath. Remove all hair and other debris is that area. You can even consider shaving that area.
Hello. Pilonidal disease is a very annoying condition with recurrent infections. Surgery is the best option. Till then few tips. Take regular baths. Avoid excess sweating. Avoid nylon clothes. Keep the area hair free.(a trimmer is the best option). Local medicated spirit washes twice a day will keep the area clean. However if there is frank pus discharge and swelling then a course of antibiotics is must. For further help you can contact again. Regards.
Clean the part and proper dressing go for laser treatment gor pilonidal sinus for instant recovery.
the best way to keep the area clean and non infected is to take Hot sitz bath with Betadine . also keep the area on spinal groove hair free by means of shaving or removal cream.
Do sitz bath and apply metrogyl p cream do plan for limberg flap surgery for better results and quick recovery.