Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Please advise how can I keep my damaged and painful tooth no 8 { eight} in upper left side by taking medicine / root canal / putting or any other way.

9 Doctors Answered
Usually last molar is adv to b extracted.
Pain will not subside, please go for extraction.
For last molar success of rct is very less, you are 67 year old, if other teeth is is fine get extration done for this tooth, if you want rct go to endodontist, specialist for rct.
We have to judge situation of tooth first. The angulation of tooth. Usually the wisdom tooth that is upper 8 is extracted. Kindly visit a dentist nearby.
If the tooth is severly damaged then its better to get that extracted. Or else you can maintain the tooth by doing root canal treatment. Kindly consult a dentist.
1 person found this helpful
Go for removal of it.
Get an x-ray done and see a dentist asap to know the reason of pain.
Better to get it extracted. long term usage of antibiotics and analgesics is not advisable.
Extraction of third molar is advisable. Because it does not have much function.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.