Hello Doctor. I had unsafe sex with a girl 2 days back which included vaginal and anal sex. After sex I am scared of getting infected to HIV. When checked with girl, she said she had unprotected sex with one of her friend 5 weeks back and had been in relationship with that guy for 6 months now. Got her HIV test done, it was Anti HIV 1 2 serum method: immunimetric bridging technique and result was 0.04. Please let me know if I should be concerned?

There is one concept of Window period that means if some infective micro organism enter into our body and you test on next day your report comes negative even even micro organism present in your body. Test will come positive after overturn number of day, weeks or months onky every disease and every test have different window period hiv 1 pro viral dna QUALITATIVE test has window period of 17 days that means you have to do this test only after 17 days to get accurate result same way HBsAg, HCV and VDRL has window period of 3 month so you have to do it after 3 month of exposure.