Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello, My father is 80 years old retired army officer. He undergone a major abdominal surgery four years back due to which he lost 15 kg weight. Now he has a problem of chronic constipation since long. Please advise how to deal with this problem?

1 Doctor Answered
Give him plenty of fruits and vegetables which contains fiber and if there is no relief you can try Baidyanath 's panchasakar powder 1/2 spoon in warm water before bed time.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.