Hello, I have gone through rct in my upper right premolar and it has been 2 months, I have not done capping over it. What are the side effects? Please suggest.

Kindly get a cap /crown placed on it as it may fracture on having anything hard. Kindly brush your teeth twice daily using correct brushing technique to maintain your oral hygiene.
Yes lybrate user, root canal &cap is the treatment. Main reason for doing root canal is to get relieved from pain and save the natural teeth so that you can chew and eat for your life. Root canal done tooth is strong by brittle it may get fractured when you eat hard things or it may simply get fractured while you clench your teeth during night. So make a point that your not losing your natural teeth. Get your cap done as soon as possible. Keep smiling.
You may loose the tooth as it may fracture.
the tooth would break ..filling would come off ... and tooth will have to be removed later...
There are no side-effects, but you get the crown done asap as the tooth becomes brittle after RCT and is liable to break, so avoid eating hard food till that time.
Hi, If you don't get the crown done after Rct, there are chances of tooth fracture as tooth become brittle after Rct, specially when there is moderate amount of loss of tooth structure before and during treatment. Your dentist will suggest for the same.
After RCT tooth is prone to fracture. You should get a cap over it.
Hello lybrate-user. Get it done as soon as possible as you may loose your tooth as it gets weaker after RCT treatment. It may chip off or even break. Hope that helps.
Hello lybrate-user, in case of root canal treatment. Sometimes capping is mandatory. Just to restore the lost tooth structure. To maintain its proper functioning and prevent and micro fractures in tooth leading to pain and even sometimes complete fracture of tooth. So its best to restore your teeth with cap after a root canal treatment. Wish you best.
RCT treated tooth are brittle as they have lost the nerve supply. So get your cap done ASAP. Otherwise they might break off.
Hi lybrate-user. Capping should be must on rct tooth. If Capping not done then there is chance of fracture of tooth during chewing of hard food. Thanks.
If capping is not done then Root Canal Treatment will become a waste the tooth will fracture.

Book appointment with top doctors for Root Canal Treatment (RCT) treatment