My post tmj x ray shows my jaw joint are almost right position and hence my tmj doctor said to me for starting the next phase treatment that is orthodontic treatment. But even now I feel from outside that my cheek muscle or jaw muscle are tight and both the jaw joint are not symmetric. Is there any problem in my tmj disk? And how can I be sure that my jaw joint and disk are OK or healing?

My post tmj x ray shows my jaw joint are almost right pos...
Yes lybrate-user you do not have any problem with your TMJ asyou got your x-ray done and seen by a dentist. Aside from trauma and arthritis, a bad bite or “malocclusion”(irregularly positioned teeth) is believed to be one of the main causes of TMJ problems. When your teeth do not fit together so that your muscles are in their optimum rest position when your mouth is closed, it puts stress on the hard and soft tissues of the jaw, resulting in pain, muscle spam, and facial asymmetry. As functional correction of teeth is important for your better future I suggest to undergo orthodontic treatment.

Book appointment with top doctors for Jaw Orthopedics treatment