I am having anxiety issues and I always feel low no matter what happens. Nothing excites me or makes me happy anymore. I feel numb to everything. I was taking scitadep 10 mg for a year and stopped due to severe side effects. My doctor has now prescribed paxidep 12.5 mg and asked me to take for as long as I don't feel the need to take. I haven't started yet. I am afraid after the experience with the previous antidepressant. It is safe to take for a year. I read a lot on the internet and my fear has income. Please advice on this pill's safety and other significant information I should be aware of.

More than anything else I am concerned that you are not going for counseling along with your medication. If you don't wish to use medication, then you definitely must try a good counselor. You are being treated for depression too.
Medicines may, at most, give you symptomatic relief from anxiety. BUT, their side-effects - as you've experienced - are inevitable. Therefore, you need to overcome stress / conflict in your life by augmenting peaceful nature of your soul with scientific yoga practices under the care of a well experienced Holistic Physician. BEST WISHES.