I am 69 years old What do I do for Leg Muscle Cramps especially at night and early mornings. Sometimes, it is very severe.

Many things can trigger a muscle cramp. They include: Poor blood circulation in your legs Working calf muscles too hard while exercising Not stretching enough Being active in hot temperatures Muscle fatigue Dehydration Magnesium and/or potassium deficiency A problem such as a spinal cord injury or pinched nerve in your neck or back Muscle cramps can also occur as a side effect of some drugs. Medications that can cause muscle cramps include: Furosemide (Lasix), hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide), and other diuretics ("water pills") that remove fluid from the body Donepezil (Aricept), used to treat Alzheimer's disease Neostigmine (Prostigmine), used for myasthenia gravis Nifedipine (Procardia), a treatment for angina and high blood pressure Raloxifene (Evista), an osteoporosis treatment Terbutaline (Brethine), albuterol (Proventil and Ventolin), asthma medications Tolcapone (Tasmar), which helps treat Parkinson's disease Statin medications for cholesterol, such as atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol), lovastatin (Mevacor), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor), or simvastatin (Zocor) Leg Stretches That May Help For a charley horse in the calf or a cramp in the back of the thigh (hamstring), try this stretch: Put your weight on the affected leg and bend your knee slightly. Or, sit or lie down with your leg out straight and pull the top of your foot toward your head. For a cramp in the front of the thigh (quadriceps), hold on to a chair to steady yourself and pull your foot back toward your buttock. You can also massage the muscle, ice it, or try taking a bath with Epsom salt. Can I Prevent Them? To help stop cramps before they start: Eat more foods high in vitamins and magnesium and calcium. Stay well-hydrated. Stretch properly before exercise FOR MEDICATION CONSULT ONLIE IN PRIVATE
Hi sir, for muscle cramps stretching exercises 2wice a day will reduce your pain.