Get answer from Sexologist, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am newly wedded guy. I had unprotected sex with my wife (23 yrs) 15 or 17 days back .but we don't want child right now could you please suggest me any medicine that can help us and obviously without any side effects. You can suggest the best option. I know it's my fault to not using any precautions but now what next .please let me know Thanks in advance FYI: we had sex on 6 may then her periods were on 7 to 11 may Then we had again unprotected sex on 12 and 13.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello- You can't take any emergency pill now as its already late. Wait for the next periods of your wife, and if its delayed by more thn a week thn do a urine pregnancy test at home. If its come positive thn its better to consult nearby gynecologist and ask for help. No need to take any medicine now as it will be of no use and may harm your wife. It is also possible that your wife is not pregnant at all.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.