Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Sugar check was done for my father and found that fasting sugar level was 176 and after eating sugar level is 236. The doctor has given medicine as of now. Kindly advise the method to control the same. And also please tell me whether this sugar level is dangerous for my father. Please help.

2 Doctors Answered
The best method is to follow a healthy lifestyle. Invest some time to exercise every day (at least 20-30 minutes of walking ). Learn yoga as it is gentle and yet very effective to maintain a good metabolism. The food should be healthy and nutritious (a balanced diet with appropriate calories ). You can also take the help of a nutritionist/dietician who can prepare a diet chart with appropriate calories which will also help to maintain an ideal weight. Going for regular follow-up will help you to monitor the sugar levels more effectively. Please read more about the subject from the internet which can help you to understand the basics and thereby inspire you to take good care of the body. You can also add Homeopathy if there are any complications or chronic tendencies. You can contact me for further clarification.
Yes you father has diabetes Basic principles of good health like eating right, exercising regularly, and maintaining a healthy weight can be as effective as medicine in the management of type 2 diabetes for most people, initially but the patient may require- medicines as has been prescribed for you father If you are interested in further details you can approach me in private consults.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.