Hello Doctor, I am having Hypothyroid and breastfeeding my infant. Earlier before pregnancy my thyroid level used to remain normal by taking Thyronorm 75 mcg however, Doctor advice me to take Thyronorm 100 mcg during pregnancy to keep thyroid level balanced and to continue it till 3 months after baby born. Now 3 months after my delivery, I checked the thyroid level which were slightly reduced from the normal and doctor advised 75 mcg as a remedy. I would like to ask whether breastfeeding is advisable in this situation? Does my infant can get affected by it? Does my infant can develop the thyroid problems considering my intake of medicine? Kindly provide me a healthy solution.

Hello Doctor, I am having Hypothyroid and breastfeeding m...
Let me make it very clear to you - optimizing your own thyroids will only be helpful to the health of your baby. I prefer to prescribe compounded thyroids (containing both T3 as well as T4) for my patients along with optimizing metabolic parameters mainly through therapeutic doses of nutraceuticals.