Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 59 years old. I have been suffering from swallowing problem for the last 6 months. Whom I have to consult for the best treatment.

3 Doctors Answered
Hi, It is better to consult an ENT surgeon in person.
Please Do upper gi endoscopy and consult gastro entrologist in person.
Hi Lybrate user, you can take a x-ray or endoscopy to know the exact reason. Eat small meals frequently instead of three large meals daily Avoid sticky foods, such as jam or peanut butter Avoid large pieces of food. Cut it to small and have it A lump of boiled rice can help if something like a fish bone is trapped in the esophagus.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.