Hi Doctor, I am 27 years old now and 3 years before I was diagnosed with MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse). ECG and Echo was done and reports says everything normal and mild MVP was noticed. But occasionally I keep getting anxiety, chest discomfort and full left hand pain. So I consulted cardiologist (BP was 119/80, BPM - 102) and he suggested me to use Prolomet XL 25 mg for 6 months. First of all, I don't like to take medicines and now I am worried if I start taking this tablet, will I get used to it? And what if I don't take? Or what if I stop taking in middle? Will the pain start again. Please suggest and sorry for multiple questions. For now, I am planning to manage and see If I can continue without medicine as I don't want to see myself getting dependent on the tablet.

Hi Doctor, I am 27 years old now and 3 years before I was...
Keep a record of your pulse rate at various timing for the day and if it is more than 100 for the whole day or maximum time than you can and you should start with medication