Am on ttc. My endometrium lining is low. Am taking estradiol 2 mg and thick sel. Vaginal use tab. Whether it can increase my lining? Or ivf is the only option? Whether endometrial thickness will increase? Any ideas please. My age is 25.

Hello Lybrate user in order for a pregnancy to occur, the embryo must implant into the uterine lining (also known as the endometrium). Two hormones produced from the ovaries thicken and prepare the uterine lining for implantation. Estrogen causes the thin uterine lining to thicken. Progesterone causes the thickened uterine lining to develop the characteristics needed for implantation. Numerous studies have found that if a woman has a persistently thin uterine lining despite receiving adequate amounts of estrogen, then the chance for pregnancy is reduced. For many women, the cause of a persistently thin uterine lining is unknown. Many different therapies have been used in an attempt to improve the thickness of the uterine lining during estrogen supplementation.In some women, a thin uterine lining may be the result of not getting a sufficient amount of estrogen. Estrogen levels can be checked with a blood test. Estrogen is most commonly given orally but if this fails, other alternatives include estrogen patches, estrogen injections or administering estrogen vaginally. You should follow your Doctor's instructions and treatments carefully and if, further problem remain same then ask for next management.