I am having fungal infection which is itchy and red .this is more than a year. Tried every remedy. Please help.

I am having fungal infection which is itchy and red .this...
Fungal infection is also called as jock itch. First of all please confirm the diagnosis, that it is actually fungal infection and not anything else. Considering that you have fungal infection, you need to take certain medications as well as make certain lifestyle changes. The lifestyle changes include keeping the area dry, not sharing towels with other people and reducing the intake of sweets. A number of antifungal medications are available for the treatment of fungal infection. These include oral as well as topical medications (creams). Itraconazole, luliconazole, terbinafine are some of the molecules which can be used. The dose depends on your severity as well as other factors like your age, pregnancy history if any, breastfeeding if any. A word of caution. Please do not use cheap over the counter medications which are easily available at your local chemist. These medicines contain steroids and are harmful in the long run. Please take a proper treatment after consulting your dermatologist.