Dear Sir/Madam, My son is 3.10 year old, weight 13 kg. He get rashes in the joints (underarm, hand and leg joints), which often turn into a dark patch. We consulted a skin specialist who told us that it is an Aotopy and suggested medicines Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (entire body) and Lutica-Fluticasone Cream IP 0.05% w/w 10gm (small quantity to be applied on the rashes) everyday. However, this give a temporary solution on rashes, when we stop Lutica cream those rashes comes again. We have even started homeopathy treatment but don't see much results. We also did his blood test IgE 984.00. So I wanted to check if this is a right treatment or so I do anything else?

After reading history and analysing medications given by Skin specialist it seems that your child is having eczema. This is type of allergic condition of the skin which makes skin dry, rough and pigmented with the time. Child usually out grows of it by age of 6 years. There is no any particular medicine to cure allergy. The first line of treatment is applying moisturizer creams and when it is not controlled by alone moisturizer creams then low potency steroid creams like fluticasone needs to be applied daily till it comes under control. Rashes are usually seen more during winter season. You can keep allergy under control but can't cure it. Raised IgE level proves that there is no alternate diagnosis.