Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Hi Thanks for your query. You must be having fungal infection. Fungal infection tends to affect folds of the skin, moist areas like groins, armpits, mouth, genitals, under the breasts, webs between fingers and toes, etc. Our skin protects us from fungal/yeast attack, but any cut or break in the continuity of the skin can allow penetration of fungus. It gives rise to rash, eruptions, redness, burning, intolerable itching and abnormal discharges at times. Fungal infection tends to last for many years if not treated well. It is also contagious. 1. Make sure no one around you has it 2. Take a proper course of medicines 3. Absolutely Avoid using preparations like Quadriderm Four derm Betnovate c etc which contain steroids. 4. Wear loose fitting cotton clothes 5. Don't share towels etc 6. Of late lot of resistance to medicines is seen, so it may require a longer course or change of medicines You can visit clinic personally for evaluation and treatment.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.