Get answer from Sexologist, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am suffering with erectile dysfunction. Can you suggest a cure. My age is 38 years old from hyderabad, male.

1 Doctor Answered
I am suffering with erectile dysfunction. Can you suggest...
Erectile dysfunction (ED) used to be called impotence. It is the inability to attain and maintain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance. Although a benign disorder, it can have a significant impact on the quality of life of sufferers, partners and families. It is important also to consider the physical and psychosocial health of the person who has the condition. Patients should be properly assessed and investigated before embarking on treatment. Risk factors are:- Lack of exercise Obesity Smoking Hypercholesterolaemia Hypertension Metabolic syndrome Diabetes mellitus Causes are 1. Psychological 2. Neurological 3. Urological 4. General medical illness 5. Vascular 6. Anatomic defects 7. Hormonal
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.