Hi, I want to ask a question from dentist specifically. I am having trouble in my mouth and went to a dentist for help. He told me directly I need to get my wisdom teeth removed. I want to know basically what is the process followed by a dentist that I can trust. How you measure the oral health of a patient like me? Thanks.

Hi,
I want to ask a question from dentist specifically. I...
If a tooth is exposed infecte or out of occlusion it's adv to b removed especially the third molars as they than r termed as vestigial organ maxillofacial surgeon r better trained to do this job must tell your Dr. your having hypothyroid n the dose ELTROXIN your taking.
Hi,
Hello Ms. lybrate-user first your question is in complete you didn't tell about your chief complaint that why you visit to a dentist. Second thing removal or extraction of wisdom tooth is depend on many conditions like it is partially erupted, cavity, eruption in wrong manner like it is tilted to the mesial ,distal, lingual or buccal either it is impacted or either there is food stuck due to which second molar have tendency to developed cavity in future. You didn't tell about your trouble here.
Hi,
Hello, although you have not elaborated your "trouble" I am assuming you suffer from pain and discomfort originating from the last erupting/erupted tooth. Wisdom tooth or the 3rd molar is the last tooth to erupt in oral cavity as a result often it does no have enough space to erupt properly. This can lead to various problems. If a radiograph confirms lack of space or a pathology associated with the root of the tooth, its prudent to get it removed. Please visit an oral & maxillofacial surgeon, he will advise you appropriately. All the best.
Hi,
There are many problems in the oral cavity which don't require any specific investigations to shot a diagnosis like tooth cavities, gingivitis etc. In your case also the wisdom tooth might be impacted so much so that it must go for extraction as a permanent solution to your problem. That time an x ray is must. Remember, not every wisdom tooth requires extraction. Only in those cases in which the tooth is creating problem again and again and not getting relieved by conservative treatments like scaling and operculectomies. You can contact me for further clarification if you have any doubt. THANK YOU.
Hi,
OHI index and DMFT index are used to measure the oral health. Wisdom tooth removal is a routine process to remove crooked or submerged wisdom molars so that the overall health of the mouth is maintained. Your doctor will surgically remove the wisdom tooth under local anesthesia. You may have only mild discomfort which subsides in a few days.